Is this Normal for his age adult content

My son is only one and his is my first one and i was just wondering, is this si normal when we have his daiper off ( ie in the tub or changing his daiper) he will like literally hit his little thing nad smack it, what do you tell him cause when he does it he laughs like it dont even hurt him and does it again harder and still no cry or anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yep, body exploration is 100% normal
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think it is fairly normal. My youngest used to do the same thing. I found the more I tried to correct him the funnier he thought it was so I just tried to ignore it. It was just a faze he was going through. I asked his dr about it, wondered why it didn't hurt him and he said they don't start feeling pain when hit down there until they are a little older.
    michelle5971

Answer by michelle5971 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It's normal and it most likely doesn't hurt him. Both of my boys have done this.....plus pulling on it!......I would just say "no touch", it takes awhile but eventually he'll learn.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yes its normal
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Normal (I have 2 boys) My little one is 18 months and when he does that I just say something like "that's your penis" or "did you find your penis?" and continue changing his diaper. No big deal.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 9:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• That's normal.
    My son did that for a while and whatever .. If he wants to smack his junk around that's his deal.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• normal
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have three boys and they all have done this.
    boyerbaby

Answer by boyerbaby at 12:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My son is 13 months old and yanks on it and smacks it..lol..Its all normal. They are just exploring.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• totally normal...my 14 month old does it
    mylady13135

Answer by mylady13135 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2010