Is it normal for my hips to hurt?

I am 9 weeks and two days and I am wondering if its normal for my hips to hurt?

Ashley1872

Asked by Ashley1872 at 9:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's normal to have discomfort. There are 4 exercises to do during pregnancy that will make you more comfortable and will help you during labor and birth. They are Kegals, tailor sitting, pelvic tilt, and squatting. We have known these 4 help for at least 30 years when I had my oldest son. Here is one link. You can find instructions on YouTube.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/pregnancy-and-parenting/pregnancy/diet-exercise/exercises-to-help-you-prepare-for-childbirth.htm

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yoga's good for that too.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Pregnancy is full of discomforts... but all worth it! ;).. here is another awesome site that has good info ;)
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/index.htm
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• you could see a chiropractor as well : )
    i am a fan of prenatal yoga!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Very normal. Your hip bones have to move some in order for the baby to get through the birth canal when it's time. Your body knows to start early preparing for the big day!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yeah i think they are stretching out... you might also experience sharp pains in that area called round ligament pain... it will subside if you sit or lay down and rest.. I get that if I overdo it
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Well you aren't that far along but it could be. I'm 32 weeks and my hips, pelvic bone and everything in between hurt lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• ya sad to say its normal, one thing that will make a world of a diffrence is to sleep wit a body pillow between ur legs n hug it.....mine hurt at night rly bad n the pillow helps sooo much....reason hjips hurt is cuz they r tryin to seperate, n when we lay down its pressin em back together...gl to u!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 10:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sounds a little early for your joints to be hurting you. Most of my pains didn't start until I was out of the first trimester.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2010