ways to lose weight

I started walking two weeks ago. And cutting back on my meals. But still don't see any different in my weight. Can you give me some pointers? Or meal plan/menu.

JAZZYJEAN

Asked by JAZZYJEAN at 9:29 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• well a healthy loss is 1-2 lbs a week, so 2 weeks isn't really enough time to see a significant change. Give it time, you didn't put the weight on overnight, it won't come off that way
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Many experts now think exercise doesn't help you loose weight. You don't use up that many calories and it can make you so hungry you end up eating enough that you eat the calories you burned. Exercise can make you more fit.

Drinking only water is a good start. Keep cold water in the fridge. Drink a large glass about half an hour before you eat and it may help you eat less. The DASH diet was designed for hypertension but it has turned out to be good for weight loss and a good lifelong eating plan. Go to google and type in DASH diet. Also type in superfoods. These are the foods you should be eating.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• **I gave up pepsi and lost 9 pounds. **I am now chewing gum to help curb cravings. **I also brush my teeth a lot through out the day...who wants to eat after brushing???? **If I used to have more than 1 of something I have taken 1 away. Say you used to eat 2 slices of bread in the morning, now eat 1 slice, 2 cups of cereal I now eat 1 1/2 cups. 2 scoops of ice cream now 1 scoop etc etc
    **I now nibble on fresh grapes and/or cherry tomatoes and drink water while cooking so when I get to the table I am not so hungry and eay way less than what I used to
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• The first thing you should do is figure out your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) which is basically the amount of calories your body burns just to survive. I like this site http://www.bmrcalculator.org/ and make sure to scroll down to see how many more calories you burn with different activity levels.

Next you have to realize that 3500 calories is equal to 1 pound of fat. So say the BMR calculator says you burn 2000 calories per day with walking, you eat 1500 calories that day which means you have a deficit of 500 calories for that day. If you were to do that for 7 days straight, it would add up to 3500 calorie deficit for the week equaling 1 pound of fat loss. BMR calculators are just an estimate but it gets you an idea of how much you should be taking in.

Cont...

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Fast weight loss isn’t realistic, more often than not, it is water loss and nothing more. That is why those that say they lose 10 pounds in a week will usually gain it right back when they go back to their prior eating habits because they are just putting the water back in their body. 3500 calories can be easily taken in, but not so easily taken out, unless a person is exercising non-stop all day long and not eating, which we all know is very dangerous. Taking it slow and changing the way we eat, for good, is the only way to a successful weight loss. Sounds like you are on the right track, good luck!
    shanlaree

• water water water
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Lots & LOTS * LOTS of waterr!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Lose it fast, gain it fast.

Start making simple changes to the way your family eats:

Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010