I live in Texas and have a 2 year old daughter. Our child custody contract states that he may take her for thirty consecutive days in the summer, but I know that she is nor ready for that! Since she is so young, could I go back to court and have the contract modified (re: his extended visitations) until she is a little older?

I live in Texas.
I am the custodial parent.
My child is only 2 years old.
She still gets unset when he comes to take her for the weekend!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can certainly try. Your grounds for wanting to change it are reasonable to me. Of course it's up to the judge to grant or deny
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• if your contract says that then there isn't anything you can do about that unless a new contract has been drawn up and signed by both parties.
    hiddenpoet

Answer by hiddenpoet at 12:59 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i would try.. i live in indiana, and my son is 1. he hates going with his dad.. and his dad has only started coming around the past couple months.. best luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• you can go back to court or at least mediation.
    Nobie

Answer by Nobie at 6:48 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• The judges are usually fair these day to dads....god dont i know! But anyway, if they find it unfit, abusive, or threatening the judge will listen. Just because "YOU" may feel its not good or the child isnt ready is not a reson for him not to have the child. If he drinks, the child doesnt have the proper car seat, hes unfit.....ANYTHING you can prove to the courts they will listen. If the child only cries and it hurts us to let them go with there dads the courts dont give a crap. Its hard i know, but you can modify it by asking for two weeks on two weeks off and then two weeks back again. You as well have to compromize. Good luck i know its hard.
    nikki3738

Answer by nikki3738 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 30, 2008