anyone had or have folliculitis??

I thought i might have had a yeast or a staph infection, but it turns out that i have folliculitis. just wondering if anyone else has to suffer with it. I have it under my armpits, and it hurts so bad.

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 1:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Health

• What causes folliculitis?
    It is usually caused by bacteria, especially the type called staph (Staphylococcus). It can also be caused by yeast and another type of fungus. Folliculitis caused by a fungus is most often seen in people who have trouble fighting infections because they have an impaired immune system.

SarahMerritt_22

Answer by SarahMerritt_22 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• This is crazy because I just recently got back in touch with the girl that used to babysit my kids. Back in the early 90's. She reminded me of when I had told her what my daughter had and she laughed because she really thought I had made that up.
    My daughter had Folliculitis when she was younger. She had tiny red bumps on the top of her head and she itched all the time. I was looking for (lice). She had none. I finally took her to the doctor and they diagnosed her with Folliculitis. It's curable and DON'T ITCH!!!!!
    strozilove

Answer by strozilove at 1:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Yep. Use a beard trimmer rather than a razor for a while. Use coconut oil to keep the pores soft so the hairs can grow back through and avoid anti-perspirant and deodorant as often as possible because the chemicals in those products cause inflammation that blocks the pores so the hairs get stuck in the pores - leading to the condition. Just mix the following for a non-inflammatory deodorant:
    1/2 cup cornstarch
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Use a cloth or puff to apply.

for more...go to http://www.sunflowernaturals.com
    Neminly

Answer by Neminly at 2:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2008