My Period since I've had a baby. TMI probably.. adult content

Before I was pregnant.. my periods were always irregular.. usually no longer than 4 days and always light. I never had to use anything more than a regular tampon.. and I never experienced cramps, bloating, irritability, or fatigue.

Since I've had Bella (which is 11 months ago, now) my periods have be AWFUL! The cramps, bloating, and fatigue are pretty bad, but worse my flow is ridiculous. The first and second day I usually soak through super or super plus tampons in an hour.. sometimes less! My first two periods I figured my body was just getting back to normal.. but its been almost a year and I'm worried that this really isn't normal and they should not be like this. What do you guys think? Did you experience this after pregnancy and did it go away with time? Is this way too heavy.. and should I just ask a doctor about it? Is there anything that Doctors can do/give me for this??

eastcoastmama11

Asked by eastcoastmama11 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Health

• I encourage you to go to the doctor, there may be something wrong. It sounds like endometriosis.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/endometriosis/DS00289/DSECTION=symptoms

I had endometriosis from the time I was 16 until menopause when I was 52. I had infertility problems and only got pregnant after taking the pill and going off. I had 3 miscarriages. Breastfeeding my 3 sons helped keep me from having periods and would help keep the disease away.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:00 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• definitely see your doctor. your hormones from being pregnant and having a baby are probably way off, thus making your periods so awful. when i am off birth control mine are horrible as well. your doctor can check your hormone levels and of course BC regulates periods. i am currently taking loestrin Fe and i have the lightest period i have ever experienced. it's like 2 days and seriously a regular tampon isn't really needed because it is so light. so definitely make a call to your doctor. don't suffer.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:53 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Same thing happened to me, it never went away either! I soak through a super plus tampon in an hour for the first 2 days.
    The Dr says it is normal..... I hope this helps put your mind at ease!
    koltensmom

Answer by koltensmom at 9:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sometimes a doctor can prescribe a birth control that can help with all of what you listed. I had these problems when I first started my period. My doctor gave me prescription and it helped a lot. So my advice would be to talk to your doctor. Good luck.
    katrinad

Answer by katrinad at 9:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2010