Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

really embarrasing question about moles...... adult content

So I have one that I really want to get removed, but it is down right near my vagina. It really bothered me when I had my last baby and we are trying again, so I really want to get it removed before I get pregnant. Who do I go see for that? I feel awkward calling and making an appointment because the person on the phone always wants to know the reason for the appointment. I've had moles removed before by my regular physician, but since this is in a more private area do I see someone else for it? Sorry if I'm sounding silly, just wanted your opinions. Thanks.


Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • talk to your regular dr and they will refer you to someone.

    Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:08 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • Go to a female Dermatologist. They do full body checks for cancerous moles on a daily basis. I had one & she checked EVERY single part of my body. They have seen Everything on men & women. That's their job.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • I would call your gyno. That's who took mine off but it was on my neck.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • See your regular doc or gyno. When they ask on the phone just say a mole and don't specify where it is.

    Answer by jenae_gist at 10:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • Dermatologist, one that specializes in skin cancer screenings and such. They look at moles all over the body, all day long:)


    Answer by shanlaree at 10:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

  • Thank ladies I have one on my back and want it gone.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 11:26 AM on Aug. 11, 2010