Who has ever took Clomid?

My doctor has put me on clomid 100mg and I'm wondering if this really works knowing that I have a abmormal period.

keepingfaith831

Asked by keepingfaith831 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I took it for one cycle then found out that my husband had some fertility issues as well so I didn't take it again. Did you ask your doctor about how well it would work with an abnormal cycle? My doctor also had me get some ovulation tests are start taking them at a certain date in my cycle, I can't remember when though.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 10:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I was told to take it on day 5 of my period to make sure that I ovulated on day 14. I was on clomid for 2 cycles and now have 5 yr old twins.
    ceciliebw

Answer by ceciliebw at 10:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• @ Musicalbabe85 my doctor has also put me on a med to help my period but he told me to wait until the 23rd to see if i get my period again .

@Ceciliebw awww i hope it works that way with me the doc told me to take mine (if i get my period) on the 3rd or 4th day of my cycle and hace s*x everyother day..
    keepingfaith831

Comment by keepingfaith831 (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Oh, I forgot my doc put me on Provera. At the time since I have PCOS my cycles were irregular. I dropped 25 lbs and my cycle became regular again thank goodness. But yes, those sound like the instructions I was given as well.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• @Musicalbabe85 yes i was on Provera also but this time he jus told me to wait to see if i get my monthly at the end of the month.. We shall see ...
    keepingfaith831

Comment by keepingfaith831 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• As far as I know I don't have PCOS, but I've ALWAYS had CRAZY cycles. Some being 14 day cycles, some 60+, and one time where I bled for 3 months non-stop.

Anyway. I've taken clomid for two cycles. The first cycle I wasn't tracking temp or anything, and ovulated later than expected, so sex didn't end up timed right. The second cycle I was BBT charting, so was able to identify the late ovulation, and ended up pregnant. I now have a 19 month old.

About 3 months after I got pregnant, I managed to talk my sister into going to see her doc (she had been "trying" for like 10 years with crazy cycles, but was too scared to even go in for an annual exam). First cycle of clomid and she's now got a 15 month old.

If you've not already read it, I HIGHLY recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility also.

Good luck!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 2:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• yes it does work. i took it the first round i got prego.
    mrs.rucker943

Answer by mrs.rucker943 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Ladies this is helping me out a lot and I thank you all... My worry is that I wont know if im preg b/c of my abnormal af and plus im scared to keep POAS i cry every time it says neg. So since my af is expected to come on or around the 23rd what do you all think i should do? I already have my script for the clomid 100mg.
    keepingfaith831

Comment by keepingfaith831 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2010