My son "Achilles" is almost eight months and for the last 3 weeks or so, he has been waking up every two hours or so at night, just like a newborn. What can i do to get him to sleep through the night again?

Stephymccoy

Asked by Stephymccoy at 1:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try putting cereal in his bottle before bed or warm it up that might help
    mamaof317

Answer by mamaof317 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I have been dealing with this too. My daughter is 13 months old though. I spoke with her pediatrician, she asked me if I was putting Halle to bed completely asleep or just barely awake. I responded "completely asleep". She told me to try to stop doing that and put her down just barely awake. This way, she can learn to fall asleep on her own, and figure out how to fall BACK asleep if she wakes up in the middle of the night. Also, check the temperature of the room, he may be too hot or cold.
    daisies7997

Answer by daisies7997 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• If he wants to eat every time, I wouldn't worry about it. It might be a growth spurt, and then it won't last. If he seems to be waking up for no reason, this sounds weird, but try getting a night light. My son became afraid of the dark around that age. If he woke up and his room was dark, he'd start crying. I got the night light so I wouldn't trip over or bump into anything when I went to take care of him. And lo and behold, the problem stopped.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• How many teeth does he have??
    jamstyle831

Answer by jamstyle831 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2008