sharp pain on my right side

i've been up all night with a sharp pain on my right side... I don't have a temp, not constipated (had a loose BM this morning), laying down makes it worse not better...
I called my Dr and waiting to hear back from them so just wondering if anyone else has had something like this before... (i'm 27 weeks pregnant too btw)

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 10:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Health

• Is it in your upper right side and kind of radiating into your shoulder blade? When I had gallbladder issues, I went through that kind of pain and laying down would only make it worse most of the time. Hopefully your doctor will be able to help you!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• no, its lower... starting mid-torso and extending down toward my hip- i'm praying its not a kidney stone :P
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Ooh, don't know then. I've never had kidney stones, but I've heard they are worse than childbirth! Good luck!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I hate to bring this up, but could it be appendicitis? Last fall I had a "pinching" pain in my lower right abdomin. It kept up for a few days and finally I was so uncomfortable I went to emergency. I didn't have a temp, my white cells weren't elevated and the pain wasn't located in the typical area for appendicitis. It turned out it was, so of course they removed it. It's good you put in a call to your doctor, especially since you're pregnant. Hope I didn't worry you...Best of luck...
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I went to the Dr and they had me take a urine test asked a bunch of questions and sent me home with a heating pad saying maybe its IBS? He told me to call again if it doesn't get better or if I develop a fever.
    I was worried about the appendix thing too...
    Something interesting I've noticed is that the pain has moved from where it originally was... I'm thinking it might be something in my colon
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2010