What ar the odds of getting pregnant with your tubes tied?

I got my tubes tied when my daughter was born. I have always had off cycles where I would miss my period for months at a time, the longest being 18 months while I was in High School & not sexually active. I have recently been having pregnancy symptoms but have not taken a pregnancy test because I don't think that I am pregnant. I haven't had my period for 5 months now. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• VERY next to impossible.
    Anonymous

• PLEASE TAKE A PREGNANCY TEST THEY ARE A DOLLAR AT THE DOLLAR TREE STORE.I HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAD HER TUBES TIED AND DIDNT THINK SHE WAS PREGNANT UNTIL SHE GAVE BIRTH!!! DOCTORS SAY YOUR TUBES CAN COME UNTIED AROUND 7 YEARS LATER.GOOD LUCK,HOPE YOU GET THE ANSWER YOUR LOOKING FOR.
    Anonymous

• If you really are pregnant then consider yourself as happy and rich. Sue the doctor if you really are pregnant ;-)

Anonymous

• How could you NOT know you are pregnant until you give birth? Yea right! She had to feel the kicks, see the big pertruding belly, the stretchmarks...you know your pregnant eventually...That's bull crap.
    Anonymous

• Yes you can sue!!! For sure. *wink* *wink*
    Anonymous

• it depends on the method used the odds of it failing. but usually its not very probable. i would consult your doc after taking a test. i bet its negative. and you have had your period in 5 mo but you are Just now wondering about it? yikes! i would have been all over figuring that out after month #1.
    Anonymous

• edit: have NOT had your period (i mean)
    Anonymous

• Actually, guys, I don't think you can sue. Most doctors make you sign a waiver. Unless you have your tubes cut (like an inch out) and cauterized, you can get pregnant. Get a test, if it comes back negative, but you're still not sure, see your doctor.
    daisies7997

Answer by daisies7997 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I had never heard of getting pregnant after having your tubes tied until two nights ago! My neighbor has 5 children and she was on birth control with one of the pregnancies and actually had her tubes tied with her final pregnancy! OMG! So it is possible. She also said that before she had her tubes tied they made her sign a waiver that prevented her from taking any type of legal action in the future.
    happymommy284

Answer by happymommy284 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My doctor will not tie your tubes because you can become pregnant he ties cuts and burns so there is no way you could get pregnant.
    Anonymous