How to get 18 month old off of PASSY!!!

How? How is it possible? i want her to try to talk more but she cant with that stupid thing in her mouth. how can i take it away?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just take it away! it will take a good week for her to forget about it but it's worth it.. She will be ok... also ask the childs doctor too
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Take it away. get them all out of the house. It will be a tough couple of days but it will pass. Good luck!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I cut all of my daughers paci's when she was 2. I told her they were broke and she threw them away. She only asked for it once, I reminded her they were broke, and she never mentioned it again.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 10:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• a friend of mine just had her daughter "mail" her passy to me for our new baby that's coming and she got a prize for being such a big girl
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:33 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would put a hole in the tip so it does not work for about a week and then just take it away and say they are a big girl/boy and let thenm throw it away. It took about a good 4days to completely get rid of it. FYI first couple of days are like hell.
    Lovingit82975

Answer by Lovingit82975 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• We weaned my using the passy for sleeping only. Before my kids were allowed to get out of bed, they had to take the pacifer out and leave it on their pillow. Then it was for night time only, not naps. And then, we left the pacifer under the tree for Santa and he brought them toys
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Dh cut the nipple off infront of my son and showed him that we don't have it anymore. HE was fine after he cried for 20 min.. HE is soothe free, I would remove when you can it can damage teeth when they come in
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:19 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My daughter threw hers away by herself the day she turned 13 months old. My son.... ironically enough....on the day HE turned 13 months decided to throw his into the toilet.....but the best way...cold turkey....we tried to letting our son having it only for nap and bed time and it just didnt work....so I am a major fan of the just getting rid of the thing
    mylady13135

Answer by mylady13135 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• my son is 19 months and still glued to his paci. i think the best way to start taking it away gradually if u don't want to hear her scream all day long (and all night long) is to start during the day, when she is distracted by playing or seeing people and going places. you can get them totally weaned off during the day and then only have it for naps. and then eventually start taking it away for naps. if you're really commited, throw them away completely, and settle in for a few nights of screaming. eventually she'll get over it. i haven't taken my son's away yet because my husband hates to hear him screaming. and i still don't get enough sleep so i'm not ready to deal with it just yet. but when he's playing and distracted during the day, he doesn't even need it
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2010