Did/does your child/children suck their thumb or use a pacifier?

My oldest had a binky for about 3 months and gave it up. My daughter is a thumb sucker! and my baby wanted neither!

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Uhhh, YES! My 3 yo DD sucks her thumb. I have sonogram pics of her sucking her thumb. I would love to break her, but I'm afraid of doing more harm than good. My 4 yo DS and 1 yo DD never took a paci or sucked his/her thumb, just the middle child.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• DD gets a paci when it's bed time. She does suck on her thumb, but not alot.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I didnt want my DD to have a pacifier, but the nurse at the hopital gave it to her anyway, I broke her from it at 6 months tho and she does not suck her thumb
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• She gave up her paci at 3 months...never really took to it. She uses her index and middle finger with her palm facing upwards. She only does it at night.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Mine sucks his thumb, but we're working on getting him to stop since he's 3. He isn't sucking as much as he was.

But man when he first started, my MILs first reaction was "Awww, he's a thumb sucker just like his cousin Crystal was." No! He's a thumb sucker just like his mama was!! I swear I got so irritated by her comment, LOL. I was so glad when he said "Mama" first because she was sure that he would say "Dada" first since all three of her boys did. :p
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• my dd's used pacifiers once in awhile but weren't hooked on them and easy to get em away, they were more 'attached' to mommy :P My ds is a thumb sucker though and its so cute but i know its gonna be hard to break him of it... but hey he's the best sleeper of all 3 and he's not stuck like glue to ME so i let him suck away :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I never used a pacifier for any of my 3 older children and hoping to not have to with the baby I am carrying now, we will see!
    littleegirl

Answer by littleegirl at 10:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My son used a bunky until he was 2.5
    My daughter used the binky for like two weeks and then refused it and started sucking her thumb and that lasted for about two months and she was done.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• DD used a paci up until she turned one when all of a sudden she was done with bottle and paci. Now though, she'll be 5 next month, she's been sucking on her fingers which drives DH and me nuts! I think it's because of her 8 month old cousin because when she's around him she'll tell me she's a baby. grrr. I try not to draw attention to it though because when DH gets upset about it she laughs and does it more. I'm hoping going back to school will help her break it!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My son loved his paci!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2010