Rude people!!

So dh and I have hit a rough patch, I lost my job a few months ago and found another one for min. wage. We got on fs to help make ends meet. I was at the grocery store last night and I bought a bunch of stuff to make a salad and FIVE DOLLAR bottle of wine. The woman behind me at the checkout saw my card, and made some comment about it must be nice to be able to by booze. I started to open my mouth, but dh just pushed me away lol. I just hate how judgmental people are! Would she have said that if she had known that was teh first alcoholic drink I've bought in like 6 months? And that I only paid a whopping 5$ for it? I hate being made to feel ashamed to do things that I need to do for my family. Yes, we get fs, but we get 220$ a month, and over 150$ of that goes to formula for my 8 mo old dd!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you should have offered her some a went on your way :)
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Some people don't know how to keep their mouths shut!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 10:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You should get on WIC . They will provide you with the formula.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 10:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Honestly, I would have thought the same thing, but I wouldn't have opened my mouth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• do you have WIC in your area?? they should help with formula and such for your infant....
    and eff her!!! the nerve of people !!!
    i grew up on food stamps when it was like monopoly money... and the comments i would hear as a child!!! some people are just horrible!!!

hope you enjoyed your glass of wine :)
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 10:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You should apply for WIC. They will supply you with formula. If you qualify for FS you will for WIC.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Try not to let it bother you. You arent obligated to explain your situation to anyone.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Welcome to the real world...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• definately look into WIC! And i can't stand people like that. besides which u can't buy alcoholic beverages with Food Stamps! and who cares if u need a $5 bottle of wine, your dh should've let u give her a piece of your mind. Its rude people like that who screw up the world for everyone. I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch and i hope things get easier for you! (((HUGS))))
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I wish I had more bumps, so I could bump this question!

Some people just think they are so superior! You know that you're doing the right thing. To hell with her! She'll get over it. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2010