What's the best group to join on CM?

I haven't been on CM in a very long time, and am looking for some good groups to join. Newcomers is a bit... overwhelming. What's your favorite groups and why?

Jupitery

Asked by Jupitery at 10:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• The active groups list under the groups tab is a great place to look for groups. If you find NC overwhelming (I also love this PC term) then you may want to avoid any group with uncensored or bitch in the title or description. The friendship groups are really great in that they are are usually close knit and fairly active. The rising stars is a good range of groups that are becoming active and often are the ones people talk about the most.

Really, the above advice is correct. Click on the groups tab and enter an interest in the search field there are over 60,000 active groups to choose from and if you don't like any of them you can make one of your own.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 12:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• lol, overwhelming is NOT the word I'd use for newcomers. I appreciate how pc you are being though!

I liked the BABBLE BOX before answers picked back up, now I spend most of my time over here.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• 40ish and Beyond and Chatty Mama's
    bjfreeman1

Answer by bjfreeman1 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have several favorites. Each one appeals to me because it addresses topics specific to my life and my kids. Here's some of my favorites:

35 and older with small children
    Moms that have or are having twins
    Parents of Love and Logic (not that active, but very supportive when you have a specific issue)
    Little Girl Hair styles (not that active, but the pictures posted there are very inspirational)
    Planning your kid's birthday party
    Loving a child with ADD/ADHD
    Group for local moms in my area
    August 2007 Babies (not that active anymore, but was great for a while)

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't think anyone can answer this for you, you need to check the list and then visit the groups to see which one fits your age, problems or just want friends of a certain type, reading , music, mother of teens, new mother ,etc
    MerryMe

Answer by MerryMe at 10:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It depends what type of group you're looking to join. There are literally thousands. Go to your Groups tab and click Find Groups.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Thanks everyone. I'll look into the tabs, and check out Chatty Mamas too. Newcomers makes my eyes bleed. :)
    Jupitery

Comment by Jupitery (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010