I'm 33 weeks pregnant

and my son moves during the day, a few hard kicks here and there, but for the most part very little, could that mean there's something wrong?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 10:59 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope. He may just be in a weird position or your plecenta could be in he way. There's a minimum # of kicks per hour that Drs like to see, so it wouldn't hurt to cal one of the nurses to ask. I would be concerned if it was only happening once or twice throughout the day or if it stopped completely.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 11:02 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Hmmmm....my son was not a big mover either. He is healthy, but there is a certain number if kicks.movemnt that they like you to feel in an hour. Drink a little juice and sit down and simply count movements. If you are at all concerned...call you doc. They may want to do an ultrasound or a stress test. Possibly he is just kicking toward your back and you cannot feel it. Good luck momma
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It could be he's starting to run out of room to move much. If you're worried, ask your doctor at your next appointment.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• no usually as more time passes they move a little less because they dont really have much to move. as long as you keep feeling him move its all good. i remember my doctor told me as long as i felt him move atleast once every hour then they baby should be god but something they sleep and stuff so theres times when they dont move. but if your very concern or ur mommy gutt tells you something is wrong then just call your doctor and ask so you can feel safe
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree with nappeal. Also, boy babies tend to move a little less than girls. Boys usually have several hard kicks daily where as girls tend to have frequent smaller movements.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2010