more of a statement obout the "answers"

I wish we could "vote" which answer is the best, not what the OP wants to hear, but what the best advice is. The one that gets the most votes for best answer should get like 10 points or something. We could even vote down an answer and the worse answer gets - 5 points (ya know for like rudness, sarcasm, cussing etc)
I wish we could also edit our answers just in case we misspelled something or whatever....
I had to delete an answer and lost - 5 points because I couln't edit.....Just a thought
what do you think?
what would you change?

justgrape723

Asked by justgrape723 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I agree with the editing thing. I was having trouble posting a picture this morning & lost 35 points because I had to keep deleting it. They also need to add a "add picture" button to make it easier to add a picture, Like facebook has. You just click on the "add a picture" button, browse your pics, click on it & it uploads your picture. Would be so nice!
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• We do vote - but then the OP gets to pick the "best". And you're right, it's often what the person wanted to hear, not the best advice.

Sometimes, the sarcasm is just so needed :-) , but yes, I'd tend to vote down profanity if I bothered voting often.

As for points, mostly I just ignore them. I guess I don't really care.
    findingharmony

Answer by findingharmony at 11:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• We do get to vote best answer, it is there.

We should get to vote worst answer...
    and they should lose points.... Sounds good
    Love that Idea!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think voting up tells what people think is the best answer. I think the person questioning should have the right to pick what answer helped them the most.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 11:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I wish we could "vote" which answer is the best, not what the OP wants to hear, but what the best advice is.

I don't agree with this at all. It is the OP's question and her choice in what she thinks is the best answer (whether we agree with it or not). I do like that the op can not choose her answer as the best answer anymore. I do agree that I wish we could do some minor editing on our questions, Like maybe some spell check or to add additional details. I can see where major editing (where you can erase whole sentences,etc) could become a problem though.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I do wish we could edit our own answers, I hate it when I realize I've made a typo! But then, people would be changing their answers based on other people's answers I guess.

I understand why the OP picks the "best" - they are the one asking for advice. "We" might think another answer is better, but it's really about what the OP is looking for.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think the person with the question should get to pick. It might be neat if people got to give one of the answerers a special vote- 5 points, or a flower, or something, but still be able to vote up any answer they want to in addition.

I use the profanity filter, which suits me. :)

I would like an answer edit. I've been making an extra answer sometimes to try to kind of fix misspellings in a previous answer that I made.

Answer by Bmat at 11:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have had to delete an answer because of mistakes and I wanted to post a correct reply. Then I lost ponts. But I really don't care if I lose points. I don't see CM as a "contest" and I don't try to win points,myself. That's silly. And I either vote up ordown and have no idea how that effects my points. No big deal.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yeah
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:15 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't know I see it both ways so I just smile and nod
    recey2007

Answer by recey2007 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 11, 2010