Well, I finally snapped on my 10 year old.

He has been the most rude,back talking,smart assed,unappreciative creature I have ever had the privledge of knowing.I have been biting my tongue,holding my temper,speaking even toned to him,sticking to my guns but still..the kid has had me brewing.In his mind,everything he gets in trouble for,everything he doesnt like about himself,for everything he doesnt have...its all my fault.I could give so many examples of the rudeness that has fallen out of his mouth.
Well, a little bit ago. I had enough and snapped at him. I yelled at him till my own throat throbbed.He stared at me with his mouth hanging open.His eyes were wide and in disbelief..I was actually telling him about himself and about how things are going to change around here.When I was done with my rave, he went and sat quietly by himself for a good 1/2 hour.Came to me and apologized for everything.Now my head hurts,lol.Has it ever had to get to this point with your kids

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'm not a yeller, I mean never. A few weeks ago i had a situation with my DD10, who has had quite the attitude lately. I absolutely flipped on her, and yelled for a good 5 minutes. She started crying, I sent her to her room - when she came back down an hour later she was a different child. I'm not proud of yelling, but she's been much better behaved since.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:16 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• LOL... EVERY DAY WITH MY TEENS! The only thing is they don't sit quietly and then apologize....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:11 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Good for you mama...sometimes you just need to let them have it with both barrels to get their attention. Yes, I've given my teen a talking to here and there, when he starts getting too big for his britches.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:12 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• ((((HUGS)))) maybe that's all he needed was to see the reaction from you and to know how much he was hurting you with his rude behavior. i really hope things change now for both of you. Try treating him more as an 'adult' and with respect and maybe he's reciprocate. but if he needs to be 'babied' do that too cause u are his mom and he is still a kid :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Wow. You're lucky he sat and listened, THEN apologized. Hopefully things change in your house. That sounds like quite a doozey of a blow out!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:14 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You did just fine. It sounds like it served as a good wake up call to him. It sounds like he needed a good wake up call. And congrats on making positive changes, I hope you'll have lots of success with the new rules.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 11:24 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sometimes our kids need reminding that they're kids. Good for you!
    sherriet

Answer by sherriet at 11:26 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have had moments like that with mine, although with them they never apologize and what I say never seems to 'sink in' as the behavior/attitudes continue to live on and show up another day....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:14 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Congratulations, I wish I could do that for my 14 year old I am tired of her rudeness.

I am soo happy for you... Good luck
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I am getting it from my 9 year old and I look at her and tell her I chose to be ur mommy so deal with it
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 11:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2010