about to do daycare for my sanity!

im about ready to put this child in daycare i swear.. im getting so frustrated with all the yelling screaming temper tantrums, the hitting, pinching all of that.. i can't take much more! she is like the devil spawn.... no wonder why ppl work in the daytime! it would be a vacation time for me lol least these days..she makes me just wanna cry from how horrid she gets

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Typical toddler. I highly suggest Positive Discipline for Preschoolers. It really gave me perspective that my child was normal and not doing these things because she was out to get me. It is exhausting but keep on her. Put her butt in time out every time and she will learn she can't break you. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:15 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My niece went from being a colicky baby to very demanding toddler and they used 1-2-3 magic. It really helped them. I use a restrained time out with DD (22 mos) and have for a long time now. I started neding a way to decipline her before I thought she could understand a traditional time-out. So I just sit her on my lap and hold her hands. Kids don't like to be restarained, so she hates it. But it works. You use the same time rule as a regular time-out (1 min per year) so when I started it was like 30 sec, now its 1-2 min. Hope this helps and hang in there
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 10:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i completely understand. my son gets very bored in the house and throws fits and screams and only wants to be held but he's 19 months, not 1 month and i'm not gonna hold him all day. whenever i drop him off at daycare when i have an appointment or job interview, he instantly goes off and plays with the other kids and gets into the toys and doesn't even need his binky cuz he's so happy. it's a good thing for both mom and child to spend a little time together. i am working on getting a job and in the meantime i wish i could put him in daycare twice a week cuz its so nice for him to spend time away from home socializing and makes him not as bored when he comes home
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010