WAH not selling?

Seems like the majority of home-based businesses involve selling. I am looking for people who have an unusual home business. We have thought about handyman services and personal thrift store shopper and things like that, but not sure if they are viable and how to go about it. My husband has employment challenges based on history (felony DUI) and it is very frustrating for him to try to get anywhere being employed by someone else. We have run into so many problems. He does not want to sell anything. Thanks!

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• Go to ratracerebellion.com, they have a huge list of work from home jobs that don't cost anything, maybe he will find something he likes.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My business is very unique..we promote a health product BUT do not sell it. I invite you to a webinar tonight at 9pm EST to learn more about the product and one-of-a-kind business. We have been featured in SUCCESS FROM HOME magazine 3 times in the entire issue in just 3 years. Feel free to visit my homepage and email me or call me to learn more. Remember...this biz is not about selling any products. Let me show you how it's done.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Hey I have a home business wth Amerplan. I do NOT sell anything and I actually help people SAVE money and MAKE money! I absoultely LOVE it! Let me know if you would liek the details. I would be happy to share:)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 1:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Have you ever thought about affiliate marketing or wholesale drop shipping on ebay? It's selling, without selling if that makes sense. http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I appreciate your response to my question. I don't want to seem rude, but really it's selling insurance policies, right? I signed up with Melaleuca once, a product I totally believed in and knew selling was involved, and they have a similar line about how they are just helping you to save money on things you already buy and you can get others to earn money too... but it's really selling when you get down to it. We are interested in a business that does not work this way (with the understanding you have to sell your product/yourself in any business) and cannot afford anything with a substantial initial investment (substantial in my book being over $100).
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Thanks! I have but I know so little about it, how it works, intial investment, how much time it takes to see results, etc. Seems like a lot of people want to charge just for the initial info., but it's hard to tell if it's worth it. Are you doing this? If so, for how long, how much do you usually make, etc. Tell me everything! I don't want to spin my wheels and want to hear from someone who is actually doing this and making money and not trying to sell me something.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I have a home business and do NO selling... I'm with Ameirplan. I don't have to sell. Once people see the amount of money that they can save they call me!

Sabrina M Bowen
    www.dailypayfromhome.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I agree with the above responses. Ameriplan is great and people need it. They give you 60% discount for dental and much more.

SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 2:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• OP I hate to say it but if you as for a at home business many moms here see it as an invitation to plug there company. Of course, they will say "no selling is involve the product sells itself." Lets be honest here you and I both know that selling is involved.

If your DH is handy, why not advertise in your local area as a handyman. Hang-up fliers at the grocery store, library, pizza parlor, etc. Also place an add in the local paper. Be sure to have a list of references. If you want to work from home you can watch a few kiddos for money. Another option is there are several in-home customer service opportunities out there.

Anonymous

• I think a personal shopper is an AMAZING idea, I'm kind of jealous you thought of it first :P

Have you ever thought about buying stuff for people on Ebay or craigslist and keeping a part of the commission? Like, do you have any family members or friends that hate computers or don't know how to use them? You could be like "Hey, I see you need a new pair of pants, I can look online and see if there are any you'd like and I can get them for you for 10 extra dollars." Or something like that. I think that could be a cool business if you knew the right people =D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2008