Daycare assistance??

I've been trying to look into daycare assistance for my 8 mo dd. I looked at head start, but we make (drumroll!) 1,000$ a year too much to qualify... Not even 100$ a month over. I've looked into a few churches that offer free daycare, but the underlying theme was that they wanted you to be a member, and I work 12 hour shifts on sundays, so church is out of the question right now. Any other ideas on where I could go? I just really can't afford to pay someone regularly right now.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Look into daycares that offer daycare prices based off of your income. We have one in our town and when my husband first got out of the Army and we were both "starting over", we only had to pay $50 a week. Also, go to the Department of Family and Children's services and they should have a daycare assistance as well. It will be based on your income there too. You fill out the forms and if you qualify, then they will give you a certificate to take to the daycare of your choice. They will pay for X amount and you pay the daycare the rest of what you owe.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:19 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would look up sliding scale fee daycare centers in your area too,or some stay at home moms at your church maybe.
    Lovingit82975

Answer by Lovingit82975 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Don't know what state you are in but there is something call Childrens Home Society who offer help for daycare assistance.. You can look them up on the internet to see if they are in your state.. good luck!

BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If you make too much for Headstart, then you definitely are over-income for daycare assistance.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• what state do you live in, almost all states have some form of child care assistance. Head start wouldn't have done you any good anyways, your child is far too young, it is for preschool aged children
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I live in Indiana.The headstart here has a daycare program, for babies over 6 mos old. Thank you ladies!
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2010