I am 21 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. When should I put my 2 kids in the same room so the new baby can have the nursery?

My boys, ages 4 and 22 months, will share a room once the baby arrives. I do not want my 22 month old to go through too many changes at once, so when would be a good time to put them in the same room?

Courtney610

Asked by Courtney610 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• The sooner the better, I would think. If your 22 month old is going to struggle with it, it would be best to give him time to adjust. Your 4 year old will need some adjusting to it as well.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 1:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I think the sooner the better too. Just don't make too many changes to the nursery right away, and have your boys help you and dad get the nursery ready for the new baby. That way they will feel involved, and hopefully won't feel anything negative! With my kids, I told them they can be my big helpers! That got them excited. They had a few questions, but were happy to give up their "bed" for the baby, cause they were BIG kids now!
    daisies7997

Answer by daisies7997 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• You could move them together now. They'll be fine. It will of course be hard at first, lots of tears, a few very sleepless nights, but if you are firm, and consistant all will be well.
    puddleybug

Answer by puddleybug at 2:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I would do it now, the longer you wait the harder it is going to be. Also be prepared for many battles over the younger one touching the older ones stuff!
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• The sooner the better. Any changes in his life need to be made at least 3 months before the baby arrives.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2008