Do you have picky eater kids? I am so tired.....

Hello today she said we have nothing to eat at home. Mind you we have bread, peanut butter, salami, cheese, cereal, pizza, soup. I can go on and on but she don't eat nothing, they are her main foods, salad too... But we have nothing to eat at home...

I am tired of it, no more junk----tired so tired... I need help making her eat diffrent foods she is the only one at of 4 kids that don't eat nothing or try nothing.... OMG< it is driving me insane

This taste wierd, this is not crispy enough, this is mushy-SHUT UP IS WHAT I WANT TO SAY AND EAT.....

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Good for you. You're not a short-order cook and you don't need to cater to your children. Good for you for taking a stand. You're right - if there's no more junk, then the good foods will get eaten.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 11:22 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Tell her to go get a job then she can buy the foods that she wants or tell her to start cooking. Otherwise, she is at the mercy of what you cook and serve.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Then she would either starve in my house or she would be made to cook her own meals herself. 13-17 is plenty old enough to suck it up and eat or earn her own money to grocery shop and cook for herself.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:23 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• lay down the law - and tell her thats it. If she doesn't like it she can eat elsewhere with her own money. You let it go on long enough. Its driving you insane when it shouldn't. Don't get upset with her just give her the facts. There is nutricious food in the house, eat it or don't!
    toastmama

Answer by toastmama at 11:28 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sorry but you are going to have to learn to live with it.  I speak from experience.  I was like that as a kid and now at 47 things aren't much different and I also have a daughter who is the same way.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If that child was in my home she would be losing weight LOL. I am not a short order cook and I do not buy "special foods. She would eat what the rest of us eat or go to her room so I did not have to listen to her whining. She would not be buying her own foods either that would be unfair to the rest of family.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 11:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think it is teen boredom...my 17 yr old is like that in the summer time but not like that during the school yr.

Now my 5 yr old son is the hardest to feed!!! So far for today he has had nothing because what he wants is Oreo's and he isn't going to have any until he eats something and I have $300 worth of food in the house, there is not anything i do not have! i even have Toy story 3 chicken noodle soup, he still will not eat! I took him to the DR. and she through up her hands because everything she asked him about he said he didn't like. He even gets severe constipation because there is no fiber like foods he will eat. one day all he would eat was yogurt...I have the worst picky eater!

but I have teenage daughters and they get so bored during the summer and just don't like anything...my daughters know they are on their own because they are old enough to fend for themselves...it is my son who still needs me.
    good luck :)
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• BTW laying down the law won't work.  My mother tried it several times and lost every single time.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It truly depends on why she is this way. Could it be an aversion to certain textures? If it truly is just a phase or boredom as has been suggested, then your best course is to give her the choice of eating the healthy food you provide or starve. If it is an issue, it should be looked at by a pedi or nutritionist.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• beeky is right! My sister in law is 46 and was always a picky eater and still is...all she eats is chicken and kids will starve themselves so will adults..my son would rather go hungry if he can't have something he wants.
    there are people out there with texture and taste issues.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2010