WILL I LOSE THIS BABY TOO?

I LOST A BABY AT 20 WEEKS GESTATION 4 MONTHES AGO AND IM PREGNANT AGAIN,WILL I HAVE A HIGHER RISK IN LOOSING THIS BABY TOO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry to say it, but yes the risk is very high. It's never good to get pregnant again that fast after a miscarriage. Every good OB would have told you to wait at least 1 year to let your body heal and recover from the miscarriage.

I do not want to scare you, but you asked if the risk is there. And it def. is. There are lots of women who had several miscarriages over and over again, because they just didnt wait to let their body recover. And i do not judge any of them. I had a miscarriage too, years ago.

But I wish you lots of luck and a healthy and good pregnancy. Dont get me wrong, I do not judge you. I hope everything will work out good for you and the baby.

<3
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Higher risk, yes. It also depends on the reason for your past miscarriage. If there really wasn't a good explaination, you certainly carry a higher risk. Also, did you have a d&c done? If so, there might be an even higher risk because of scarring that isn't healed.
    My suggestion to you is to be very careful, take good care of yourself, and try not to stress too much.
    Good luck, and I hope it works out for you!
    daisies7997

Answer by daisies7997 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Along with the other ladies, i agree that you do have a higher risk, and for you and your babies sake, may i recommend that you see an ObGyn that specializes in high risk pregnancies? I find that they take your concerns a little more seriously, no matter how frivolous they may seem to someone else.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I HAD A MISCARRIAGE IN DECEMBER I WASN'T BUT 8 WEEKS PREGNANT BUT I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT AGAIN IN FEBUARY AND I'M 39 WEEKS PREGNANT AND SO FAR EVERY THNIG IS FINE .IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHY YOU MISCARRIED BUT THEY SAY EVERY ALMOST EVERY WOMAN WILL MISCARRY AT LEAST ONCE.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Everyone is different. I have a friend that has 6 kids and has had 6 miscarriages. Her body has to clean its self so to speak before she can carry a baby full term. Your doctor should keep a close eye on you since you've already had one miscarriage. Have they checked your blood type??? If the baby is RH- then you can have problems.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 2:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I too lost a baby at 20 weeks gestation in Nov. of 2004. I got pregnant again in April of 2005 and now have a healthy 3 year old son. I was not aware of any risks. My doc said I could try again as soon as I felt I was ready. He just wanted to make sure I gave myself enough time to "grieve" before I got pregnant again but there was no talk of any additional risks of miscarriage. I guess maybe it depends on why you lost the baby. I had no explaination. It was just a chromosomal defect when sperm met egg. It was just strange that I didn't miscarry earlier. Well, anyway, to make a long story short I got pregnant 4 months later and everything was fine. I hope that gave you some hope.

P.S. I'm 13 weeks pregnant again and the nervousness and paranoia never go away. Not until that baby is in your arms alive.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• my sisiter n law lost a baby in december she was 30 wks so she had 2 bury the baby and have a funeral she was pregnant again in january and gave birth 2 a healthy baby girl last week she was high risk and at the end she was going 2 the doctor 3 times a week jst make sure ur doctor takes good care of u and leave it in gods hands!! good luck
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2008