My 7 year old daughter won't stop talking back?

OMG, I have 4 kids and she is like I can't explain her..

She is the mouth old mighty, I need to control it now. She don't stop she is like a DURCELL BATTERIE, GOES ON AND ON.....

I have been sending her to her room the past few days but when she does it in the morning what do I do???? She waste so much time with her mouth.... :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Try reading the book How to Talk So Kids Will Listen.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If sending her to her room is not doing it, try a different punishment...take away toys, tv-time, or other privileges or even spankings.

Hope you find a punishment that works.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 11:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I wish I had an easy solution to advise to you! I have a 10 year old an dgoing through basically the same thing! I snapped on him this morning and yelled at him like I never yelled at him before!
    His attitude has changed..for the MOMENT.
    Good Luck..whatever method you try to use! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Try ignoring it. I wonder if she is trying to get your attention with her bad behavior. I babysit a 6 year old that sounds like your daughter and she spends quite a bit of time in her room because she back talks to me. If that doesn't work, think of something she really enjoys and take it away. That might get her to think about what she is doing. You could also try a rewards system where you reward good behavior. Possibly a penny jar - good behavior earns a penny, bad behavior takes one away. At the end of the day, she keeps the ones that she has earned for good behavior and you keep the ones that were taken away. ?? I hope you can find something that works for you! :)
    Annastacialynn

Answer by Annastacialynn at 11:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Getting angry just proves her point that you don't listen to what she's saying. When she talks back, talk calmly to her about what she said and what she wants and perhaps how she could have said it better. There's just a communication gap here that can easily be fixed with patience, communication, and honesty. I went through a similar issue with my two oldest step sons (now 12 and 10) and I'm working on it with my 6 year old son. They just want to know they are being heard and that they have a right to say how they feel. Don't put down what she's saying, but help her figure out how to say it more effectively. If you learn this skill now the teenage years will flow much easier and she'll have more respect for elders. She's not trying to make you mad, she's learning how to communicate and be an independent free thinker, encourage her to voice her opinions, just in a more productive manner.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 11:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Cassarah

Ok, thank you. I tried it and I will to try it again.

I know my daughter will be a great speaker, I just need her to learn self control and respect. Yes, I did put her in day care, she didn't learn these habits from me. I do listen to my babies, I learned that lesson the hard way with my older one, I love your opinion, but don't judge me or accuse me of doing something I am not doing.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Good luck, my 7 year old is a motor mouth.. drives me up the wall.. she talks ALLL DAY AND NIGHT, about who knows what... I think it is just there age :))
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If she's just talking on and on and on and on, then I'd work with her on saying only what's really important, not just talking to hear her own voice because people just don't listen to every single thing. My son does this. He goes on and on and on, and I tell him I got distracted and he needs to get to the point.

If she's being mouthy and rude, teach her better ways to communicate, and stress the importance of good manners, which includes not being mouthy and rude.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010