Bible Verse??

Ok, this may be a weird question but does anyone know a bible verse that speaks to them? In my bible class we do a daily bible verse (through email) and today is my day and I was searching for one, but can't seem to find the right one...My verse last week was a good one, but now i'm at a loss...thankyou!

maderacaligirl

Asked by maderacaligirl at 1:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ecclesiastes 7:9
    Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.
    KJV
    batesljp

Answer by batesljp at 1:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Proverbs 22:6 (King James Version) Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• 1 Peter 1:7 These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

I came across this verse after our first m/c. My side notes talked about how we do not go through tests and trials so that God can learn something he doesn't know but rather so that we can see how much we need to depend on him and his infinite strength. It also talked about how in Peter's day potters would bake clay pots in fire, the ones that came out uncracked were marked with the same greek words used for genuine. I just thought that was so neat. I can get you exactly what it says if you need it. Just let me know.

pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 2:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I've always liked Romans 3:23 because it lets all of us know that we are not perfect nord does God expect us to be.

Romans 3:23
    For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 2:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Romans 8:35-39 is my favorite, especially verse 37 (this is from the NIV):
    35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
    "For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    BabyBumbleBee

Answer by BabyBumbleBee at 2:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My two life verses are always on my mind.

John 3:30 "He must become greater, I must become less."
    Philippians 1:21 "For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain."

But during my bible study this week God has spoken volumes to me through two new verses.

Psalm 37:23-24 "If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumbles, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand."

Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord you God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• phillipians 3:14
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• or jeremiah 29:11
    humaniterian87

• Psalm 121:1 - I will lift up my eyes to the hills, from whence my strength comes.

and

Hebrews 4:16 - Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

and then my very favorite.....

Psalm 46:10 - Be still and know that I am God.
    AFrayedKnott

Answer by AFrayedKnott at 12:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Those are great, thanks...if anyone knows anymore, I would love to hear them!
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 1:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2008