If you found $10,000 and it was obviously drug money or something like that, would you keep it or turn it in?

I'm sorry, but I would keep it. It obviously doesn't belong to anyone who needs or deserves it and I won't get it back if I turn it in and it's unclaimed. Maybe I'd turn in some but, IDK. You?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Turn it over to the police. They can track the serial numbers and find out where it come from and if it's drug money it is considered evidence and can help get criminals off the streets.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• nope it isn't mine, i didn't work for it, or win it. and i definitely don't want tainted cash in my possession.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would turn it over to the police. I won't lie and say it would not be tempting to keep it, but ultimately I know I wouldn't.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Hell, Id keep it.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would turn it in. They could be marked bills.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'd keep it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It wouldn't be right to keep it.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 12:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'd turn it in after AGONIZING about keeping it, lol. I just can't have that kind of guilty conscience. Karma and all that. I'd also pray no one claims it for 30 days, and assuming its drug money, they wouldn't....don't you get to keep it if that happens??
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If I found $10,000.00 right now..I can guarantee you I would calmly place it in my purse,quietly walk on and go home and rejoice,lol.
    What was the old saying "Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers?" Yeah, I'd be singing that in the shower,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• IDK, probably keep it. Use it like it was lottery winnings. Which, wouldn't be used totally selfishly anyway. But I'd check it out real well, see if there are strange marks, or if it looks counterfeit. If things look fishy, I'd turn it in.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010