I'm not pregnant havent been for 19 years. Why are my calfs, feet and ankles swelling like balloons? I have kankels lol

I drink alot of water. Keep my legs elevated at night and they just wont go down. It hurts real bad.

dreamweaver3779

Asked by dreamweaver3779 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Health

• TOO MUCH SALT in your diet??? I get very bloated if I eat salty foods. There is too much sodium in everything----fast food and restaurant food particularly. Processed foods and microwave meals....FULL of salt/sodium. Try cutting down on salt. And see your Doctor,too.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Are you old enough for menopause? High Blood pressure? Talk to a doctor. Sounds like your body is retaining water for some reason. Have you been on your feet a lot?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 12:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Something in your body may be imbalanced. Or, if you are on any medication, it could be a side effect. If this is your only symptom, tell your doctor. A water pill may work for you. My mom suffers from swelling due to water retention and she was prescribed a water pill. I hope this helps.
    lizpoulette

Answer by lizpoulette at 12:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Have you been checked for diabetes? You're having a lymph issue right now and it could be from a number of things. Do you sit at a desk all day? Lymph moves by us moving, it doesn't have a pump like our blood does (the heart). Drinking a lot of water (1/2 your body weight in ounces as a minimum!) helps, but you have to also be active. How much salt are you consuming? That can have a major impact. Wear tight socks or nylons, get up at least every half an hour and stretch and move around for a few minutes if you sit a lot. If you have decreased sensation in your legs or extremities or any pain I would go in to see a doctor to rule out clots, diseases, or anything else that could be not good. If there's nothing wrong with you see a massage therapist who is certified in lymph drainage.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 12:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• GO TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have been on my feet alot lately. I dont think its menopause im only 39. Dont think its diabetes. I eat somewhat healthy and not over weight by any means. It just happened over the weekend. Im a dentaal asst. So im do alot of walking.
    dreamweaver3779

Comment by dreamweaver3779 (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sounds like a circulation issue. You need to go to the doctor now.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2010