what size to buy for newborns?? they weigh about the same they're due in january.one boy and one girl!

im having like 4 baby showers for several reasons. one is coming up very soon and i dont know what size clothes and socks and diapers to put on the list. and should i spread out the big stuff so tht every baby shower ill get something big?? idk im clueless at this. im a first time mommy having twins :)

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 12:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Congratulations! My twins are 3.5 now so it's been a while but I think I had a few items that were newborn and the rest that were 0-3 mos. I didn't register for clothing (or diapers either) just the the usual stuff like cribs, swing, bouncy seats etc. I found that folks gave us a variety of clothing in a variety of sizes so I'm sure folks will do the same for you. One clothing item I would register for (and in a variety of sizes) are Gerber zip up sleepers-way easier to manage for those night time changes/feedings than sleepers with snaps!
    I wouldn't go crazy with the preemie diapers but a few packs of size 1 should be good to start. I don't know how long but it feels like they were in size 1 for a short time and then jumped right into 2 and were there for a while.
    Good luck!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 12:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• well most sz newborn is over at 8lbs...so if your babies are going to be 6-7lbs the nb size might not last you very long..i would suggest things that are 3mnths..i received plenty of them and it was a blessing! My newborn things only lasted about a month or so..it really depends on the weight of your babies now..it they are going to be alot smaller than 6-7lbs then i would suggest newborn...good luck and Congrats momma!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Stay away from newborn stuff. My kids went from newborn sizes straight to six to nine months.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would say 3-6 months or 6-9 months. But honestly, I wouldn't specify. Let them bring whatever size they want. You could always exchange later. My kids never wore newborn size and were out of 0-3 in a few weeks.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Get newborns onesies, socks, bibs, hats, and diapers. Maybe put a pack of size 1 diapers too. If you are having twins you may also want to put preemie sizes on the list because they will be smaller than a single birth. I'd put clothes ranging from preemie to 12 months.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My baby boy was 7 pounds 5 ounces and still wore newborn sizes for about a month and he gained weight quickly too.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Mine was 5 lbs 14 oz when she was born. She was in newborn for about a month, 0-3 for about 2 1/2 months, she's just now getting into 3-6 months at 4 months old. =) But every baby is different. I would go with 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers. My baby outgrew newborn diapers fast!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 12:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• are they twins? if so I would not buy much till they are born and you see how big they are and then buy for them. I would buy some diapers, wipes things like that. Maybe a few onesies and socks. Or get those sleep wear that fit till there older. They are nice day or night and warm.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I took almost everything back to the stores and got gift cards so I could actually get sizes I need and also save some for when I needed new sizes. Babies grow fast! Also, it may be more helpful because that cute designer onesie could pay for 3 tubs of formula or a few bags of diapers! That's what new parents really need! They grow so fast that all the fancy unnecessary things could pay for things you actually need. Babies look just as cute in garanimals as they do in the 30 dollar Nike getup. They will puke on it no matter how much it costs and it will stain! That's reality, my friend :) Babies love looking at their mothers face than all the designer baby bedding in the universe :) It's all about what truly matters.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 12:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would say not specify anything because most moms will get you various sizes anyway... My daughter was in preemie clothes until she was 2 months old and then in newborn and then finally started to beef up and jumped to 3-6.. Now she grows like a weed.... Every child is different so just get a variety of sizes...
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2010