Losing the extra 20?

I am breastfeeding, or pumping I should say, but I still have 20 pounds I would love to lose. I do not over eat, but the weight loss is very slow. Any tips as to what I can do?
My son is almost 8 months old. Is it normal for the weight to come off so slowly?

TeaAndrews

Asked by TeaAndrews at 1:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• you may need to do more than just breastfeed to lose the weight-granted it does burn calories but you should also be getting in 5 workouts of cardio per week. Sit ups, push ups, crunches, can all be helpfull ab workouts.
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Find a workout routine that will work for you. Whether it be pushing him in the stroller for 20min or doing a DVD. You need to make time to workout. I was amazed how fast my body changed when I started working out.

Good luck to you!!

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 3:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Congratulations on your baby! Some people tend to lose weight at a slower pace than others. Are you getting some moderate and regular exercise? What types of foods are you eating? Are you eating 5-6 small meals a day?

When you are trying to lose unwanted pounds, rethink food so it works in your favor. Low glycemic eating is high priority. Go to www.resetlive.com as it discusses how to reset your life and develop a healthier lifestyle with the side effect of fat loss!

Blessings,
    Dena
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 3:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Breastfeeding has only ever helped me lose about 20 lbs with both of my kids, then I stop losing weight and usually gain it back. This time I am nursing but also taking a product that is helping me lose weight. My dr. said it is safe to take because it can't get into your milk supply.
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 7:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2008