Sweat Stains

Okay, I know this is gross but I have the worst time getting sweat stains out of my white clothes. I have tried tons of different deodorant and detergent, even bleach. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• try macking a paste out of your deturgent and bleach. Put it on the stain rub it in real good and leave it over night. Good luck
    dreamweaver3779

Answer by dreamweaver3779 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Try hang drying outside. The sun acts as a natural bleacher and can often get those stains to fade. Try soaking hte spots with stain remover or bleach and drying it in the sun before washing it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• If straight bleach doens't get it out.. I dont know what will.. Maybe oxyclean? It got motor oil out of a white rug once for me. Amazing stuff
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• At one point in my life, I was sweating A LOT!!! I went to the Dr. and they gave me this stuff to put on my armpits that reduced the sweating. I used it like maybe 15 years ago and have been sweating normally ever since.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 12:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• you might want to also try a paste with baking soda hang on the line if possible. have you tried stain removers? like shout, borax, clorox 2
    good luck
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Put a squirt of liquid dishwashing detergent in your whites. This has rid my clothes of all kinds of different stains. It works on colors too but I would only try it if it's "ruined anyway".
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 12:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i know this might sound gross, but my husband used to have the worst sweat stains on this tshirts, and i found out, it wasnt the sweat that was doing it, it was the deodorant. since then he's either stopped using deodorant or uses this "nature's gate" organic deodorant and he never has armpit stains now. although i know that's not an answer of how to get ones there already out.
    katherine.pryde

Answer by katherine.pryde at 2:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• There is a product sold online called PitStop it takes out ugly yellowish stains from armpits in 1 wash. You pretreat the stain let it sit for 15 minutes and its gone. Go to www.armpitstianremover.com
    answerme2000

Answer by answerme2000 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2010