Odd symptoms in 3 yr old

These are a list of ongoing symptoms in my 3 yr old
-weight loss and extremely hard to gain weight
-reflux grade b
-wont sleep
-wont eat (course this is most likely the reflux)
-hair loss
-bruising easy
-always complains her body hurts

She has been tested for anemia and this is always just fine so we know it's not that. I just need some ideas to ask the doctor to try...

LadyOsgood

Asked by LadyOsgood at 12:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Health

• Also could be Ceiac disease/...It results in many symptoms because the small intestines can't absorb vitamins and minerals in food due to the inflammation and damages to the intestines. The Gluten in wheat causes an allergic reaction in the intestines.Many symptoms are involved---anemia and malabsorbtion,included. Vitamin deficeiencies cause other dieases...all a result of Celiacs. We have a few family members with Celiac disease. That is ONE thing to consider.Here is the LINK.
    Good luck !
    http://www.celiaccentral.org/Celiac-Disease/21/?gclid=CIu3mcP1saMCFSRiswodjGzwqQ
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• leukemia,MS

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Talk to your doctor.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• She could be losing weight, losing hair, and bruising easily from malnourishment, if she's not eating enough. Do they have her on something for the reflux?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 1:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I was going to say has she been tested for celiacs disease as well? as those are all symptoms, also thyroid conditions can happen in young children although it is rare. Both are a blood test.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would ask for a blood screening. Ask them to screen for anything and everything that could be wrong. The hair loss and such are too drastic to ignore and would scare the heck outta me. I'm sure it is you as well. If they refuse then ask for a referral to someone else or go on your own.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• thanks for the answers so far. She is on Zantac 2.5ml/3 times a day. She does take a multivitamin and we have her drink at least 3 pediasures a day as well which for a while helped with her weight. I have thought about celiacs and I think I will make an appointment soon with the pediatrician whom we love for all her help.
    LadyOsgood

Comment by LadyOsgood (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• have they tried any blood problems
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• not that i know of...we tested for anemia and vitamin defecincies...
    LadyOsgood

Comment by LadyOsgood (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010