what do you do with a 15 month old that needs attention 24/7?

i'm about to pull my hair out. She has nothing to get into..she is not interested in her toys and she just wants to sit in my lap and cry. why??????????????????????? I think she just wants to destoy my laptop now

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is she teething maybe and looking for comfort? 15 month olds don't need attention 24/7.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• ahhh...maybe i just found some entertainment for her. i think she likes zztop.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• my 16 month old is the same way! I dont have an answer for you, its the age, but just know you are NOT alone.(shows you bald spots where I HAVE pulled hair out) lol.(hugs) soooo not alone
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• LOL @ Zztop ... my little girl loved Queen!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sounds like you have spoiled her. Try putting her in a pack 'n play or something similar and putting her in the room where you are. If she cries, let her cry. As long as you know she is not hungry or wet or some other kind of discomfort, it won't hurt her to cry for a bit.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• and also, if she needs the attn, she just needs it for now. this is the beginning of the seperation anxiety phase. BUT boys go thru it longer than girls, so hopefully your lil one will be "over it" sooner.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• oh no no this is my neice i am baby sitting. i would say she is spoiled. last night i didnt sleep a wink. she woke up every hour and cried hunting for her bottle....ugh.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• nanny b...i wish i had a pack n play here with me cuz thats exactly where she would be right now
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• all my 19 month old ever does is try to climb me or get on my lap or get into whatever i'm doing. he is not interested in his toys or playing either, although he does love getting into things he's not supposed to. it's very, very annoying, but until they learn that there are more interesting things to do than to climb their mommies like a tree, we just have to deal with it. it drives me insane too, especially when i'm cooking and he pulls on my legs and whines
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2010