Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


im under 18 and pregnant. none of my family wants to help me or support me. i dont have any insurance to go see the doctor, i havnt ben to the doctor yet i dont know what to do.i feel so alone in all of this i dont have any one, can some one give me some advice? (and please dont be mean about this im having a hard time with every thing as it is)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (7)
  • If you are still in high school, I would ask your counselor and see what resources they can dig up for you. If not, look in the phone book for some crisis pregnancy centers or even just go to the hospital............they can help get you set up with support, care, and insurance.

    Answer by Tricia19 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • You do not have to be 18 to get onto Medi-Cal, and they will cover all (or at least most) of the cost of the pregnancy. You need to get yourself into a doctor. Please message me if there is anything that I can do for you (or answer for you) I am short on time and can not type all that I would like to here.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • Find the free clinic in your area and go there. They can confirm that you are pregnant with a test and should be able to get you started on prenatal vitamins and then they should be able to get you info on how to get on Medicaid. I got pregnant at 16, but I didn't have all those troubles. I'm getting ready to leave the house in about an hour, but if you need someone to talk to, you can message me on here and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can. Good luck!

    Answer by WadeMom313 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • That's right~ there should be a lot of government aid available to help and support you! I know that it can feel overwhelming especially in the beginning but I promise that it will get better. can give you a list of just some of the state funded help available. Message me if there is any way I can help!

    Answer by happymommy284 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • I don't know what state you live in but I live in Iowa. All I had to do was go to our local DHS office and fill out paperwork. It's really easy but in order to get insurance you have to bring in a paper from your doctor proving that you're preggers before they will give you state insurance.

    Answer by BabyBreyen at 2:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • i wasnt as young as you but also didnt have insurance and though my family was excited i was on my own with handling everything with my pregnancy. check any local hospital they will give you a test. i have some other resources for you too if your interested pm me! good luck and dont worry i promise it will get better

    Answer by Kennadismom at 2:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

  • If you still attend school speak with your school counselor or nurse. you can call 211 to help you find resources in your community. Don't forget to ask for the local WIC phone number.


    Answer by tinkerbell76 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.