Why is it harder for me to keep my mouth shut towards my bf than everyone else?

With other people I am good at holding my tounge if they say something stupid, do something stupid, treat me in a way that displeases me, etc.

When it comes to my BF I go off on him.

Why can't I keep my mouth shut with him like I do other people? It's verbal diarrea when it comes to him doing things.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 1:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Because you're more comfortable around him than you are most people, as you should be. I'm the same way. For the relationships sake though, it's best to try your best to think before you speak.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would think it's because you're more comfortable with him. He loves you and accepts you and your "flaws" so you let loose. I'm the same way with DH but then I also tell him my fears, goals, things I wouldn't tell other people because I trust him like no one else.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 1:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Most likely because you are the most comfortable with him. We tend to take things out on the people we love the most because we also know they love us (this is why mommy's get horribly behaved children, but when daddy is home they are angels!). You know he will forgive you, or understands you, so you don't censor yourself. However, this could blow up on you later if he holds it all in and then explodes one day when he just can't take it anymore!

Another reason might be that you just aren't in love with him and he really is annoying/stupid/mean, etc., and maybe you don't really care what he thinks because deep down you don't really want to be with him anyway.

Just some thoughts from a psych major ;)
    TJandKarasMom

Answer by TJandKarasMom at 1:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i did the same thing, he was really the only person i knew i could take crap out of and he wont leave until one day he threatened he was going to leave because of my irrational arguments with him and i changed my act very quick!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 1:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• As far as being with him I absolutely adore him. He is wonderful to me and the kids. So that isn't it... maybe I am just too comfortable and take it out on him. :( Poor guy.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2010