Would it be wrong to have another babyshower?

I am on my 4th kid.. My first son is not from my fiance and my family threw me a baby shower for his arrival.. But even then most of the stuff I had gotten was second-hand (*nothing wrong with that tho) so by now my baby gear is just not working propperly. My fiance and I didnt need to have a baby shower since our kids are all boys yet My littlest has gosh awful reflux and projectile (*like the exorcist) pukes all over everything.. I just cant get the stains or the smells out of the gear either. Im just curious as to have a baby shower and celebrate our newest (*another boy) with his family for the first time or just suck it up and buy what we need outta pocket??

Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Asked by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 1:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think there is nothing wrong with having a party to celebrate once the baby is here, but personally I would not attend a baby shower for someone who already had 3 kids
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I don't see why you couldn't have one. It's a new baby and deserves new things. I bought everything (some stuff was given to me at random) for my son and he was my first ever boy. No-one wanted to throw me a shower so I said screw it.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would have another baby shower. If someone doesnt want to come, they don't have to. But I'm sure most will.I had 2 baby showers...they were 9 years apart though,lol.
    Congratulations on newest baby :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I love to have a party, and I think every child deserves to be celebrated. That being said, I would be ready to buy what your child needs out of pocket. I might have a party to celebrate, but I wouldn't register and I would put on the invite that gifts aren't necessary. I love the idea of a party to celebrate birth, birthdays pregnancy or whatever, but I don't ever want to look at it as a party to get gifts. I am responsible for my kids and what they need. Gifts are treasured and appreciated, but not expected...
    jdanielle82

Answer by jdanielle82 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have always thought that it was silly that some people think it is only acceptable to have a baby shower for the first baby. I say have one. If they don't like it than they don't have to come. Simple as that.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 1:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• thanx ladies =] my fiance feels we shoud have a shower since he and his family never got to do so .. i made a registry just incase but im always afraid it might come off as being rude?
    Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Comment by Mrs_Chris_Pukt (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I just had this talk with my MIL. My mom is of the belief that you only have a shower for your first baby. My MIL was talking to me about the shower that was thrown for my SDs mom and how uncomfortable she felt at the shower that was for her grandchild being born (the people that threw it were the mom's aunts). I joked saying she can throw me a shower when my fiance and I have a baby, she said she would love to but didn't want to step on my mom's toes, I told her my mom would never throw me one for my second pregnancy/third child (we have custody of my SD, I raise her like she is mine), my MIL was shocked. She thinks every baby should be celebrated!

So I think you can definitely have one, but I would not throw it yourself. Ask a close friend or family member if they would throw it (you can totally help with the planning and everything though). Good luck! It is so expensive to have babies, anything will help :)
    TJandKarasMom

Answer by TJandKarasMom at 1:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think if you wanted to throw yourself a shower then that is not okay...people will look down on that and think greedy. I am having a fourth on the way and would LOVE another shower. But unless a family member or a friend speaks up to have one for me I am out of luck! People I know make comments like...you must already have everything you need. If someone DOES want to throw you one then go with it. You will still get people that will not agree on it and may not come or think you do not need one, so as long as your okay with that have fun! There are a lot of people, like me that LOVE going to showers and will be there to help celebrate the arrival of your little one.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Since this is his first, then let his family throw you a shower. Make sure your family is invited to, but there's no reason not to have one and register. It sounds like his family will be happy to buy new stuff.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 1:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think another shower is okay.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2010