Supervised visitation

can someone help me with some examples of supervised visitation schedule or how it works? this is in response to my other post my lawayer does not deal with family law but he is learning he usually does business law and I really do not have to pay much at all he helped with my husbands job, so far he has done great i just need peace of mind court is tomorrow i am nervous i dont want it to go back to everyother weekend after no visitation for a whole month

mommyofseven123

Asked by mommyofseven123 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My ex can onlu have supervised visits of our children.  It has to be supervised by a state apporived supervisor at his expense. Prior to moving out of state he was offered two visits of 2.5 hours each a month. He never took advantage of the visits because he didn't want to pay. 

It really depends why supervised visits are needed as to what the schedule should be.

tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Supervised visitation varies. Depending on the situation, it may be supervised by you, by a court appointed official, by the sheriff or police department. It also depends on what you agree on, if you agree. For example, my ex had supervised visits twice per month for one hour, supervised by myself and my parents, with us having the option to have a sheriff's deputy present if my ex made us feel it was necessary. I know other people who drop their kids off at the sheriff's dept. and a deputy takes charge of the kids and supervises the visit when the dad arrives 10-15 minutes after the mom leaves, b/c they have a restraining order or somthing. It really just depends on your situation. Does your attorney have a fellow attorney he can talk to, to find out how to handle this? I think that would be the best way to go.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2008