How do you invite kids from school to a birthday party when you dont know the parents?

My daughter is in Pre-k and wants to invite some of her friends to her birthday party at the end of the month. I don't know their parents and I am not sure how to go about inviting people i've never met. Is there a proper way to do this? How to I get the invitations to the kids without giving one to the whole class? I've thought about asking the teacher to put them in the childrens folders so they go home to the parents. I also thought about putting no gifts on the invitations. Is there a right way to do this or should I not do it at all?

I would also like to mention that the kids are picked up at all times of the day so it's impossible to try to figure out who goes home when or with who. Otherwise I would try to talk to their parent when they picked them up.

tccropper

Asked by tccropper at 2:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would give her invites to give her friends and get there phone # and call there P's
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 2:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Make a list with your daughter of 4 or 5 (or how many ever) kids you want to invite. Make that many invitations. Write the kids name on it (your daughter will know them i guess). Make your daughter give those invitations to the certain kids. Ask the teacher to help your daughter with it. Write every important information on the invitation, especially your phone number. So those parents can call you.

Thats how some families did it when i was working as a daycare teacher.

Hope you guys will have a great party :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I'm not sure. I know with my daughter's school though, you aren't allowed to send invitations to school unless there's one for each child in the class. If your school is like that, you'll have to find another way to get ahold of just those parents. Good luck!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• When my daughter was in pre k they had little cubbies and she told me the kids she wanted to invite and i just put an invitation in their cubby. who ever came came. She had i think three little girls from her class show up besides the other people we invited.
    endresac

Answer by endresac at 2:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Check with daycare teachers about how to do this. They may not allow you to send invites to school without inviting everyone.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• you could also send an email to the teacher and ask her to forward it to the parents of the children you wish to invite. That way, you are not asking the school to give out personal information, but extending your information to them. Say something like, "My daughter is having a birthday party and would like to invite X, Y, & Z - could you please forward this email to their parents with my contact information so that I may send them an invitation." Then include your name, child's name, email address and phone number. And if you are nervous about not knowing the parents, have the party at someplace public, like a park, or McDonalds - then parents can bring their kids and stay around and visit with you and the next time, you WILL know them!
    jjandjsmomma

Answer by jjandjsmomma at 3:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I just want to say that at my son's old daycare they said that its a rule that if your not inviting the whole class then they can't hand them out for me.
    chrissyb2287

Answer by chrissyb2287 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• When I have done invitations I do the whole class, but if you just want to do certain kids you should ask the teacher the best way and she could put the invites in their idividual folders. I want to add that I did not know the parents of most of the kids at my sons schools and actually ended up becoming friends with several b/c of the birthday parties
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I would check with the teacher, too. Ben's school doesn't allow invites either unless the whole class is invited.
    jkurland

Answer by jkurland at 4:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2008