Do you think it's possible....

To ever be "Just Friends" with someone you were once in love with? Please explain your answer.

MacyKaysMommy

Asked by MacyKaysMommy at 1:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes it is. I have been there, though for me it did take several years for us to get to that point.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I can't speak for others but for me personally I don't see it ever happening. I can't imagine those feelings would ever go away or if they did not affect our "friendship". I don't know though, because it's never happened to me.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• um, no not really. because even though the relationship didn't work out doesn't mean there aren't still feelings present. i very limitedly keep in touch with an ex. mostly out of compassion because his father was very ill with colon cancer while we were together and ended up dying on my birthday. so when that time comes around, and he needs to talk to someone who knows the situation, i don't ignore him. he occasionally sends me random texts, like ones that he sends to everyone and i never respond. and my husband knows about all of that. but, for us to be totally buddy buddy wouldn't work. he has already expressed to me that he still loves me and wishes he wouldn't have effed up...so that means it can't be just friends.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 1:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• all u can do is try and be friends with that person whether it works or not is the thing.it might take awhile but if u want it that way then so be it
    michelle34231

Answer by michelle34231 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes, but it's so hard until those feelings dissipate completely. My husband and I are now "just friends" (except legally, until I can find an apartment or something), and having to live with him, see him every single day, hear him talk about us getting divorced like it's no big deal, etc. is so hard because I still love him more than I'd like to admit. But we both know that our problems can't be fixed and he doesn't want to be with me anymore, anyway, and hasn't for nearly a year.

I digress, I'm sorry. Anyway, it is possible, but it can be painful and very difficult and you have to be willing to give it your all to not fall back in love with them or for past issues to come up.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Yes, I went out with someone for five years and broke it off with him. After about two years we were able to be friends and hang out and go to concerts together. I didnt have any other feelings for him and we had alot of fun together because we knew each other so well.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 3:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2010