Have you called your doctor for anything during pregnancy besides routine appointments

I called this morning because I was having a lot of pain in my side... I feel kind of silly about it now because they don't really know what was wrong (possibly IBS)... What are your experiences?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 1:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know exactly what you are talking about! I had kidney stones while I was pregnant! I don't think you should feel silly, it is better to get it checked out then to let it pass! Your doctor is a doctor for a reason, he/she is there to help!
    callie00

Answer by callie00 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Where is your pain?

I have called a few times. Once I had a bad UTI and my midwife prescribed medication over the phone. Once I called because I had a lot of bleeding after sex, at 1am. Those are the only two things I can think of, but I am sure I called more times than that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• pain is on my right side- they ruled out kidney stones and UTI with a urine test... Dr said he was concerned about my appendix but I don't have a fever so its prob not that... could just be severe round ligament pain but it gets worse when I lay down and usually with ligament pain it feels better when I lay down... so... like I said, they don't know what it is :P
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I have called multiple time this is my first pregnancy so I have a lot of questions and concerns and she has been extremely supportive
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I called to see if I could take anything for a really bad cold and that's it.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 1:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I called about once a month. My doctors always told me that its what they are there for so never feel silly calling them, they are used to pregnant women freaking out, which I did all the time. I was spotting when I first got pregnant, I was soooo constipated for the last 3 months of my pregnany, there was a time when I was not feeling the baby move, I was chest pains ect ect. Every little thing that didnt feel right I called them about. Trust your gut
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I called when I had some spotting after sex. They had me come in and did a sono and vaginal exam. It wasn't a big deal and it was a 'just in case' thing for me.
    kameka

Answer by kameka at 12:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2010