any ideas on how to lose weight when you have no time at all

MY FIANCE MENTIONED TO ME THAT I GAINED A LOT OF WEIGHT. AND I HAVE NOTICED AND I LOVE THAT HE WAS HONEST WITH ME. BUT I TRY TO DIET AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, NOTHING IS WORKING. I HATE TO BE THE SIZE THAT I AM. I GAINED 60LBS IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT I CAN DO OR USE TO SHED SOME LBS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• "No time at all"........It doesn't take time to eat differently. Usually when you get hungar pangs, or bellly noises, it's the beginnings of slight dehydration. Drink drink drink. Drink plain water before you eat anything. Keep hydrated and you'll notice a difference. When you look at any package of food at the store, DON'T buy it if it's total fat is over 5. You will still get some yummie in, yet you'll eat differently without feeling deprived.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• SOUNDS EASY ENOUGH
    Anonymous

• If you watch TV, or have time to be on here, you have time to work out!! (That's not meant to be mean!!! Keep reading!!!) Trust me, I was in your shoes, I'm still in your shoes, trying to lose a bunch of weight. While you're watching TV, at every commercial, get up and take a lap around the room, or get on the floor and do some exercises while you're watching your show. Take the staris instead of the elevator. I've been finding TONS of ways to work in little bits of exercise here and there, and in the last couple months I've dropped 20 LBS!!! (I started at 100 lbs. overweight, according to my BMI) Just work little bits in here and there, and make sure they add up to 30 minuets for at least 3-4 days a week and do what EireLass up there said with the food, and you'll start seeing results in no time!! Good luck!!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I HAVE NO TIME FOR T.V. IM ON THE COMPUTER NOW BECAUSE IM AT WORK. AND I WORK AT A BANK SO I HAVE TO BE BY MY COMPUTER MOST THE DAY. I LEAVE FROM WORK AND GO STRAIGHT TO SCHOOL. AFTER SCHOOL ITS TO HOME TO TAKE CARE OF THE FAM BEFORE I GET TO SLEEP. THEN THE NEXT DAY I WAKE UP AND DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN.
    Anonymous

• Is there anyway you can get up even 15 minutes earlier? I know you have a busy day, I can see that!! But even just 15 minutes a day can help! Seriously, there's always way to work stuff in. They have these little pedal things you can put under your desk for at work too, maybe look into getting one of those?? Where there's a will, there's a way!! If you really want it, you'll find time!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I just know that just changing my diet didn't help for me. I kept myself to a strict diet for 3 months and only lost 3 pounds. But once I started working in exercise here and there, the weight just started shedding off. If just the diet thing works for you then that's wonderful! Give it a shot and see what it does, and then if it's not working, you're gonna have to find time somewhere, or come to terms and be ok with where you are.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I GUESS I CAN GET UP EARLY. WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST THAT I DO??? AS A GOOD QUICK EXCERCISE IN THE MORN??
    Anonymous

• Do you have stairs in your house? If so, just go up and down the stairs for as long as you can or until your set time is up. Get a treadmill and walk on that, or any other type of thing like that. Sit-ups are good, leg lifts (laying on the floor on your side and lifting one leg up and back down and then doing some on the other side). Jumping jacks get your heart rate going pretty quickly and is a good fast thing to do. These are all things I do, I just rotate days!! Or, I also sometimes use a yoga ball. Just sitting on it and bouncing on it helps tone your core, which helps you lose weight really quickly. Doing sit-ups on it is great, and you can google it and find all kinds of exercises to do with that thing, and they cost around $10 or less.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• You can get them at Walmart. I would suggest one of those to anybody. They are easy but a really good workout!! Another thing, when you do have free time and you go grocery shopping, take a lap around the store with the cart before putting anything in it. Only takes a little extra time and it's walking which is great for you! Or even start out just going for an hour or more walk on the weekends, both days, and any days you have off, that would help get you started! Good luck!! If you have any other questions, feel free to message me!!
    WadeMom313

• I can see how finding time to eat well and exercise can be of concern for you. You're a busy mom. However, I am a busy mother of two as well and I make it a priority to get up and exercise at 6:30 -7am when the rest of the family is still sleeping. Is that something you would be willing to do? As far as finding the time to eat well, Eirelass said it well, "it doesn't take time to eat differently." With our busy lives and hectic schedules, we're often faced with the choice between fast food or no food at all. So, I prefer to have low glycemic nutrimeal shakes with high fiber, essential fatty acids, and good carbohydrates for breakfast or lunch and nutrition bars for snacks.

You can go to www.resetlive.com for more information on the glycemic index.

livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 3:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2008