13 year old masturbating

my 13 year old neice was staying with us for a week when i walked past the room she was staying in i heard noises but didnt know what to expect so as i looked in i saw her lying naked on the bed and she was playing with her self and massaging her breasts.after dinner she came to me and said did i do anything wrong.i said no its only normal that girls your age try things

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Totally normal, thank GOD that you have decent common sense and told her it was normal and natural. Just remind her that she needs to keep her door CLOSED
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Well, I don't think it's abnormal for a 13 year old to masturbate but I will say it's a little...strange.... for one to be masturbating completely naked with the door open and make themselves heard while staying at a relatives house.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would always definitley knock on a door before entering a 13 year olds room unless I thought something was wrong like they were hurt or doing drugs or something. Didnt she have her door shut? If not, I would talk to her about making sure to do those types of things in total privacy.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• hmm..not sure what i would have done in that situation...seems like you handled it well!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 1:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Totally normal and natural. For both girls and boys. Nothing wrong with.

I think you gave her a great response!
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• thats great...i would think that most teens though would have their guard up a little more when it comes to privacy...they wouldnt just be laying on a bed naked masturbating. I call troll.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Ask her to simply close and lock the door. Seems like it was far too easy for you to peek in.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I think you did a great job handeling the situation. At least shes experiencing with herself and no one else!
    Kristin0312

Answer by Kristin0312 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i know when i was her age i had my door shut but since i lived in my parents house they had every right to go in there.i know i got caught couple of times.
    michelle34231

Answer by michelle34231 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• You handled it great! I would also let her know that there is a time and place, and maybe if she is going to do it again that she should wait until after everyone is asleep and be a little more discrete. But don't make her think it is not okay.
    callie00

Answer by callie00 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2010