What is the one thing you want your children to take with them into their adult lives from you?

Be it material, spirtual, or pshycological

stuswf

Asked by stuswf at 1:47 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• common sense

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• RESPECT AND HONESTY. If nothing else.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• respect and tell the truth
    michelle34231

Answer by michelle34231 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i agree with common sense
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Self Worth, I want them to know they are worthy of love and respect from themselves and others and that with Self Worth they can have the courage and strenght to meet their goals and find motivation to do the right things. With Self Worth they can learn to listen to their gut and their mind and then their heart in order to make choices. I guess for me self worth is really loaded. :)

I grew up without it and its been one hell of a struggle to get to the emotional and mental place I am now.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• That being nice to people matters.
    lilsma

Answer by lilsma at 1:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• They already did take it with them, I have three young adults that have taking my every teaching and used them in their everyday life's. Honest, compassion, kindness and love for their fellow human being, and lets not forget gratitude.

Answer by older at 1:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Kindness, honesty and to always remember that Family is the most important thing in life.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I want my daughter to be accepting of people like I am. I don't want her to see someone of another race and say or think something racist like my mother tends to do (even though she's actually not racist...it's so weird), or see someone wearing all black, spikes, etc, and think "Ew that freak!" like so many people thought and said of me (and still do lol, but it doesn't bother me). I just don't want her to judge people she doesn't know. I want her to be happy with herself and who she is and not give a damn if everyone likes it or not. I spent too much of my life trying to please everyone and I've only recently gotten sick of it and started doing things that make me happy.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• More than anything, Independence.

I want them to know they can ALWAYS stand on their own two feet and make their own choices in life. I don't ever want them to make a choice simply because someone else thinks it's the right one for them and I don't ever want them to feel stuck because they don't know how to function on their own.

I hope they also take from me a drive for education & knowledge, and a passion for tolerance, peace and love...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010