diaper rash

how long does it take for diaper rash to go away im putting balmax,A&D, and even the off brand equate on it but nothing is working i put ointment on then ive been putting a lite coat of baby powder over top its not working if anything it is worse help

mommynbabygirl

Asked by mommynbabygirl at 2:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like yeast... My oldest DD had it all the time.. I would just call the doc and ask if he\she could call in some Nystatin cream for the diaper rash.... It works fast.. and is nice to have around!!
    When it doesn't go away within 7 days and is getting worse it is def.. Yeast infection....
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 2:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My baby had the same problem for over a week and I was told to use oatmeal and have her soak in an oatmeal bath for ten minutes..you can buy it at any store....It worked ...the next day the rash was gone :) I then found out my baby was allergic to pampers diapers. Hope this helps
    kaleigh111

Answer by kaleigh111 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I would try only one thing. I noticed my LO broke out worse with balmax, the A&D cleared it right up. Also we use a hair dryer set on cool to dry him between diapers. It could be the wipes or diapers your using, try not using wipes, use a warm wash cloth, and try differant diapers. It could also be a yeast infection if it doesnt clear up. Also I have heard that baby powder is bad as baby can inhale this and it can cause pnemonia, corn starch is better.
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• try an aveeno oatmeal bath, if you cant findthat use good old regular quaker oatmeal in a warm bath it will clear it up in a day or 2.
    Anonymous