diaper rash

i have tried everything from balmax, A&D, and even the equate brand ointment but nothing is working it seems to get worse i started to put a light coat of baby powder over the ointment but havent seen much of an improvement wat shoul i do

mommynbabygirl

Asked by mommynbabygirl at 2:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's yeast... get some Nystatin cream.....have your pedi. call it in to your pharmasy
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 2:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• try malox...the stuff you drink for anti-acid....only get the kind that has no flavor or mint in it or it will sting but it works great for diaper rash....
    nikki.b.

Answer by nikki.b. at 2:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• maybe see the pediatrician. theres a chacne it could be a yeast infection if its not getting any better. they simply prescribe you a diaper cream and it clears up real quick
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My oldest had terrible rashes - my pediatrician told me to put pure cornstarch from the cupboard on it, just like powder and let him go naked as much as possible until it cleared up. The air helps it to heal faster, so putting ointments over it and powdering the ointment could very well slow down the process. Baths with baking powder added can make it a little less miserable for them too.
    jjandjsmomma

Answer by jjandjsmomma at 3:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• If it is not a yeast infection(see Dr. for this first) then try the good old fashioned standby of Corn Starch!! Of course letting their bums air out a wee bit is always helpful as well-if you can! And I've done the cornstarch and the Aveeno Diaper rash cream together and it helped clear up my son's diaper rash like nobody's business! We don't use baby powder here because of the fragrance in it-my kids tend to break out from it worse-or I should say my 1st child's bottom was sensitive to the Baby Powder-so we just don't use it, not necessary!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• If its a yeast infection you need to call the doctors and they will perscribe some nystatin. My daughter has had 2 since she was born 4 months ago. It is very common and nothing to worry about. But if it is a normal diaper rash. Then try using some corn starch instead of balmex, baby powder or vasoline. It helped dry my babys diaper rash up in less than a day. And she had it REALLY bad. I had to take her to the doctors. Her poop was to acidic and kinda burned her bum
    Snootchies

Answer by Snootchies at 5:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• my daughter had that it is probably a yeast infection the doc gave me clortrimazole it says it is for athletes foot i used it twic and it started clearing up
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2008