Does this make sense?

You can come up if you want... just a suggestion.

I guess I'm just confused on "just a suggestion"... if it makes sense.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He wants you to,but is trying to be sly.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• For me it's hard to answer your question because I don't know what "You can come up if you want" is about. But I would say it sounds like a really big HINT that they want you do come up (if you want). =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 2:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• When I use "Its just a suggestion" its something that I want but not sure if the other person wants it too. So I will throw that in there just in case I am rejected.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 2:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Oh my gosh! How irritating! LOL. My BF and I only quit doing that a few months ago. We'd really like for the other person to "come up" (or whatever other thing is offered), but neither of us wants the other person to feel OBLIGATED to do it, and we were both quite convinced that there was no chance the other person could POSSIBLY say "no" even if they didn't want to, and that would make us feel bad, so we'd kind of make the invitation, then retract said invitation, and then take the next 5 minutes doing that over and over until it either happened or someone left confused. Heh. "Would you like to [insert proposed event here]?" works soooooooo much better. LOL. You could respond with, "Would you like me to?" or "Are you asking me to?"
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 4:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010