Update: pregnant on merina.... now depo?

I got my results and I am not pregnant. It's just the hormons making me feel like I am. Since I don't want to feel like I am when I am not we are having it removed. :) The doctor wants to change me over to deppo. Has anyone every been on that? They told me it doesn't have hormons and it's an IUD but that's all he told me. Can any shed some lit on this?

candle5

Asked by candle5 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Health

• depo is not a iud..... it's a shot and it does have hormones. are u sure they said depo? it makes you gain weight and have irregular periods.... all the women i know who got depo hated it with a passion
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Depo is a shot of hormones every month.

Are you thinking about the Paraguard? That is a copper IUD.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I would go to webmd.com and read up on depo. I had the mirana and I hated it so much besides all of the problems i had when it was in i would NEVER tell someone to get the mirana. I know alot of women that have been on the depo do your own research on it thats what is best for you. You know your body better then your doctor or anyone else.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• NO NO DON'T DO IT!!! You will gain 30-40 lbs and will have serious fertility issues after stopping depo use. EVERY single woman I've ever known to have the depo shot has gained tons of weight, and then had miscarriages after stopping use.
    And it's not an IUD, it's a shot of hormones every 3 months. Just to let you know how BAD it is, they give the shot to child molesters as a form of chemical castration.
    There are other IUD's you can use - like paraguard.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Depo is a shot and it is hormones, he lied to you. I was on the depo, I never thought I was pregnant when I wasn't, but I did get pregnant with my oldest son while on it.
    KnitWit0686

Answer by KnitWit0686 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I was on the depo for 3 years and I liked it. I didn't gain any weight, and when we decided to have our dd I went to the doc in November when I was supposed to get the next shot, and we told her what we wanted to do, they gave us prenatal vitamins and we ended up getting pregnant in February. My experience wasn't bad at all. It is a shot that can be in your arm or rear, that you get every 13 weeks. I had the shot put in the rear because many people have told me about weight gain, but they always had the shot in the arm, I figured maybe that had something to do with it. Who knows? Good Luck!
    sheli2007

Answer by sheli2007 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• i had the depo but that itsnt something they inser thats just a shot it covers you for 3 months and then you need to get it again every three months
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010