How far back to do you remember in your childhood?

I don't know why but i can remember things as far back as the age of 4.. different stuff here and there i think it is crazy that i can remember stuff so far back but can't remember where i left my keys last...

SHELL28

Asked by SHELL28 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• potty training./
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I remember some things from 2-4, random scattered images or things that come back to me. I start having a pretty good memory of things from about when I entered school at age 5.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• LOL! Me too - forgetting where the car keys are, my wedding ring, etc!

My earlist memory is before I was 2 years old. I have this memory of the car going backwards at this ice cream place. My mom was shouting and some stranger was racing after the car. I asked my mom about it when I was a teenage and she told me it happened and I wasn't even 2 yet!! She was as surprised as I was that I remembered. My brother knocked the car out of park and mom and the stranger were chasing after the car before it got out of the parking lot!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I completely understand! I can remember when I was three years old and attending a "pre-school". I remember I wanted these white shoes with purple sparkly shoe laces that were high tops and had a little bubble on the side. I also remember that the lady that ran the pre-school always had a wristband attached to her wrist and her daughters wrist to keep up with her. I also remember that I had a crush on a little redheaded boy named Wes who wound up drying his hands on me after he washed them and I was so mad so I decided to get even. He then snitched on me. I can't remember where I put my keys, my cellphone, or purse...lol. Hopefully when I have this baby I can quit using the excuse of 'pregnancy brain' and fess up to the fact that my mind doesn't work like it used to...haha.
    LevisWife8587

Answer by LevisWife8587 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• My first memory (no lie) is from being 13. :( I have flashes here and there of things, but not actual memories. They are more like watching a tv show than a personal experience. I think I had something traumatic happen that has caused my brain to block things out? :(
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I remember my grandpa's funeral at age 2. I have no memory of him alive but the funeral left an impression.
    FibroMom1957

Answer by FibroMom1957 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• LOL that sounds really familiar. It's crazy isn't it. I can remember my first day of kindergarten ( I'm 50 now) but I dare you to ask me what I had for breakfast this morning.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I remember being nearly 4 and out playing in an orange grove with my 11 or 12 year old brother. He had a black leather jacket and scooped something up. Later he gave it to me, and it was a red Barbie dress. Very vivid memory but nothing that's vague from before that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I remember missing my dad really bad when I was 3. I told my mom he was looking for us and we needed to find him because he just lost his way home. They were divorcing. I remember missing him but I don't remember living with him before that!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I remember a LOT from when I was 4, and scattered memories from well before that - like poking a stray cat in the eye with a spaghetti noodle at house we left when I was 2 1/2. Poor cat...
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 4:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2010