Does this seem fair?

I have a friend who lives out of state. We talk once a week on the phone. I call her because I have free long distance on my landline phone. If for some reason I'm unable to call her on the designated day,she gets mad,but if I call her and she's busy and not home,she figures I should not get mad at HER for not being home. When I"M unable to call,I always email her and explain why later that day. She gives me no explanation.
Does this sound like she figures her life and time means more than mine does?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I would call her when it was convenient and I would not worry about the rest. A very wise person once said that if you are the only one working on a relationship, it's time to let it go. Maybe that's where you are with your so-called friend.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree with Jupitery - let it go for a bit and see what happens. Maybe she isn't aware of/doesn't see the hypocrisy of her actions?
    imafuswb

Answer by imafuswb at 2:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Very imature, a real friend would understand when you have a busy life and if she was sooooo concerned she would call you.. Kind of sounds like a one sided friendship... And why do you feel like you have to answer to her as if she is your parent? She sounds like a very imature, selfish teenager!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• honestly, I would be mad.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Stop calling and see if she picks up the slack. If she values your friendship, she'll begin reciprocating.
    Jupitery

Answer by Jupitery at 2:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sounds unfair. U r very considerate where she is concerned.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• PS,she never tries to call me if I don't call her.

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I'm at that place you mentioned nannyB

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Some people don't know how to be a friend.It sounds like she has other things going on.When she gets like that,tell her you are sorry she is having a bad day,and call you back when she isn't so upset.It sounds to me that she's taking things out on you,which isn't fair on you.You mightask her why she sounds so angry.She may need you to show her how to be a friend.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 4:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• She's an out of state friend who you talk to once a week .. Is it really worth it to make a situation out of this? Just take her anger with a grain of salt and move on.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2010