Breast versus formula doesn't make a difference?!

Ok, this is not a debate about who should do what. I'm just responding to people who say it doesn't make a difference. Are you seriously that ignorant? It may not be the difference between life or death, but it is a well-documented fact that breast-milk is the ideal food for your baby, delivers immunity formula can never provide, likely is related to fewer allergies, and many more benefits. So make your choice, but go enlighten yourself before you say it doesn't make any difference!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree with you....
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• I agree with you. However, I would like to mention that making a statement like this as Anonymous lacks credibility. Is there a reason you don't want to use your actual name?
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 2:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• It can be a life or death decision. At least that is what my daughter's allergist informed me. She is severely allergic to cow milk, which luckily she was never exposed to until she was almost a year old. He said that if I had given a newborn cow's milk formula she could have died from anaphylactic shock before anyone knew what was wrong. Her allergy is that severe.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 2:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Oh please. Do we need to have this tired debate again?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Sorry, but this has been argued to DEATH. My formula fed babies were a hell of a lot healthier than my friends exclusively breastfed kids, what does that prove, absolutely nothing except that hubby and I come from a very healthy gene pool.  Genetics play a HUGE part in a babies overall health. I think Breast Feeding is a wonderful choice for some mothers, but it's not the ONLY choice and it's NOT for every mom, and neither group of women should be commended nor should they be condemned.  Nobody has the right to make assumptions about either groups. 

Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• Do i agree with you? Yes. Do i feel like you should be beating a dead horse? No...
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2010

• quit trying to start a fight. Hasn't this been beaten into the ground by now!? You live your life your way and let others live theirs.
    Anonymous

• littleweloosmom- if she was never exposed to it, how did you learn of it? Was she on soy or another formula from birth? Or were you breastfeeding at first? My son has many allergies as well. Hope your LO is doing well.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 4:12 AM on Aug. 12, 2010